Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice/Snow days

I live in north Texas just outside the Dallas area. 3 days of ice where the temps have not risen above freezing in order to thaw this stuff out.  This morning I woke up to 4-5 inches of snow.  Typically we don't see winters like this.  But this is day 4 of being iced/snowed in.  My commute to work is about 35 miles.  Needless to say I haven't been to work in a few days.  Thank goodness for personal days. 



On the good side though, it has allowed me to get some serious sewing time done.  I have finished my January block for my Thimbleberries club.


January 2011 Thimbleberries Club



I have also made good progress on my Patchworktimes  UFO challenge Watermelon Slice.  This was from Camp Thimbleberries in 2005.  I got these done:



which make up this


Still needs the borders and I have another small table topper to go with this, still in progress.  But at this rate I may have these finished long before February is over. 

The temps are supposed to rise above freezing tomorrow to a high of 45...  a regular heat wave.. and 52 on Sunday for the Superbowl.  I for one will be glad to see this snow/ice leave.











No comments:

Post a Comment